Friday, February 13, 2009

Estoy en la ciudad de Tres Rios. Just Kidding. I will do this in english. I have been in Costa Rica for about 5 hours and am now at a camp with all the AFS Kids from around the world. Already, my thoughts have changed. One of the reasons I went on foreign exchange is because I feel like the rest of the world stoops to our language when in reality we should be able to speak in their native tongue as well. Already, here at camp the AFSers from around the world are speaking english. They know AT LEAST their own language, english, and now working on spanish. I feel so guilty even though us Americans can speak spanish, everyone decides to speak english. I now need to become multilingual but I for now I will just work on my spanish.

The flights from LA to miami were amazing. I met the most amazing woman in the world. A fifty year old with such a youthful perspective on life, but in a philosophical way because of an accident she had 18 years ago that comepletely wiped her memory. We talked allll the way from Kansas City to Miami, nonstop for 3 and a half hours. In miami, I met up with the rest of the AFS USA-ers. It is an amazing group and we have really become close and I now know them as well as one could possiibly know anyone after only a day and a half with them. I really wish I could share with all of you, what it is like here but it is IMPOSSIBLE to put into words. Trust that I am having an amazing time and am so excited to meet my family. I really want to tell you every detail that has occured so far because i havent stopped laughing since I met the guys I am hanging with. The girls are funny, kinda but the guys are f-ing crazyy.

I have to go because people want to use the computer!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment